Sunday, November 27, 2011

Welcome to the world, Asha Jane xxx

If you could see me now, you'd agree that I am not ideally placed to blog. I'm not even ideally placed to write a shopping list, truth be told.

Right at this moment, I am in my pyjamas, in a hospital bed, doped to the gills. I have a drip in one arm. My abdomen is a mess of pain, following extensive surgery. Altogether, my glamourpuss status is quite up-the-putt.

So I apologise in advance if this post makes little, or no sense, at all.

But you see, I cannot let this day pass without marking it in some way. It would not matter if I wrote about today with a piece of charcoal on a scrap of paper. It would not matter if I scratched my words into the sand (no doubt I will return to say this much more eloquently in the near future anyway, but...)

Today, my little sister became a mother. I am so proud, I could burst. In a few days, when I an home and can blog with more than one finger and a muzzy, druggy head, I shall tell you about this wonderful day. But for now, all I need to say is this: At 1:50pm today, the divine Miss Asha Jane came into the world, weighing 10lb 4oz. I love you already, my beautiful little niece. And I cannot wait to meet you xxxx

No comments: