Tuesday, January 31, 2012

He is gone.

Last night, late. At home. With his family around him. As it should be.

I'm sorry. It is very hard to type with eyes blurred with tears. And as you all know, it doesn't take much to make the ugly crier emerge. And this crier...she is very, very ugly.

Wherever you are, Adam, I hope the pain is forgotten. It breaks my heart to think that you are gone. I cannot think about Anna and your children without crying. I cannot look at my husband without feeling his grief.

The only thing I can do right now, is picture you pain-free. I imagine that you are bathed in the love that surrounded you in life. I imagine you, standing once again strong and tall. I imagine you moving amongst your family, comforting your children, caressing your wife.

It has only been a day, and already you are missed so terribly. Phoebe keeps asking me when I will stop crying. The honest truth is, I really don't know.

My friend, if grief is a measure of love, then you were loved beyond comprehension.

2 comments:

Caey said...

Some things are just so unfair! I am so sorry al and Christian and most of all Anna and kids... My heart goes out to you all. I dont think the pain or grief or miing them ever gets any better, we just grow stronger and more able to cope. Love to you my dear ugly crier. xoxoxoxo

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry Sal - I just want to reach out and wrap you in a big hug.

Thinking of you all xxx