Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sir Christian, King of Husbands

Just a quick little post tonight - not my usual style, I know! But thanks to the ongoing effects of the lovely numb-numb drugs I am still on, my brain is a teeeeeny bit foggy. Goodness knows what blather I shall write!

But I couldn't let today pass without saying thank you.

Thank you to the wonderful nurses, surgeons, and anaesthetists at Rosebud hospital, who cared for me so beautifully yesterday. Even though the pain was incredible, it was inflicted with kindness!!! (and for good reason, and with lots of drugs at the ready. And that magic hot-air blower that went under my blankets to prevent hypothermia was awesome!!) And this time, it only took two goes to get the canula in (as opposed to eight). Everyone's a winner!

Thank you to my gorgeous family and friends (including my rather lovely bloggy friends!) for all of your messages of love. I loves youse all too.

Thank you to my mumma, who drove me to hospital in the cold, dark morning, and who also brought my big kids home safely after school. Thanks to you, they never knew where I was - but they thought their day was pretty special!! Thank you to my MIL Bridget, for keeping the Mouse so happy that she didn't miss her mummy until 6:30 this morning. That's some effort!!!!

But the biggest thank you of all goes to my beloved. My darling husband got all three kids ready for the day yesterday morning, deflecting any worries about their absent mum. He took the Mouse to Grandma's, dropped Phoebalina at kinder, steered Jack into his classroom, and arrived at the hospital in time to sit in the waiting room while I was in surgery. He brought me home, tucked me up, and since yesterday has taken care of everything. If I needed some pain relief, he gave it to me. If I wanted another blanket, or a hot water bottle, or a hug, he brought it to me. I had cups of tea made before I even knew I wanted them. He cooked dinner, cleaned the house, did the washing, took Jack to school, played with the girls, entertained a grumpy Mouse in the highchair whilst cleaning the kitchen. And all the while, I stayed in bed, and nursed my sore tummy. I can't remember the last time I sat still for so long, without doing ANYTHING. Not even after birth was I this sedentary.

Tomorrow, my boy is back to work, and my mum is taking over the school run duties for me (because I just don't think driving while drugged is a good look, do you??) Not only that, but Gertrude is flying down from Queensland to spend the day with me. Can you believe it??? I can't!!! How loved do I feel right now? How many best friends would fly across three states to see a girlfriend who can't even get out of her jarmies for the occasion? I told her if surgery was all it took to get her to visit, I'd have my spleen taken out next...

Time for more birdie-num-nums pain killers, I think. Night-night xxxx

3 comments:

Casey said...

Of course she's flying down to see youu silly! You are one amazing chikadee! Very glad to know you are on the improve and a big congrats to Super Husband Christian. Nice work mate! xoxoxoxo to you all.

Diminishing Lucy said...

Glad you're all OK.

That he did all that is wonderful. And that you took time to thank him is wonderful too.

xx

yaga said...

wow, that sounds like one wonderful family (and friends) network. Now all that's left for you to do is take real care of yourself and get well soon. ;o)
best wishes for that!
yaga