Thursday, October 28, 2010

Moving Part II

Oh my goodness me, what a crazy week!! So far I have packed during every spare minute, and have yet to see any progress in diminishing the stuff we seem to have accumulated...

On Wednesday I collected the keys to our new home, and have gradually been taking toys, food and cleaning products in preparation for tomorrow. Bright and early tomorrow morning, I must be at the unit with my three little munchkins to meet the locksmith, the man delivering the new couch, and the man delivering my new washing machine. All of these things are very exciting, I admit (and I am soooooo looking forward to relaxing on my new couch, watching my new telly, while my husband does loads of washing in my new machine...well, a girl can dream, can't she??) but I am not really looking forward to waiting for the deliveries in an empty flat with three kids. So I just bought heaps of food!!! Result.

I was so sick of packing and cleaning and sorting today that I threw the kids in the car and met up with the gorgeous Casey and her beautiful kidlets at a local play centre. Jack, Phoebe and Jaz had a ball screaming around the centre, while Maisie Mouse and Kayde bopped and dribbled in baby bouncers together. It was so nice just to sit and chat while the kids played, and to be honest I could have stayed all day!! But what goes up must come down...and indeed the kids did crash in a big way once they left the playcentre. Oh lordy, did they crash! I must have spent the majority of the afternoon putting out spot fires while the big kids took turns having tanties and getting into strops...only Miss Mouse was happy, rolling around on the floor and practising her backwards crawling (this is, of course, after she spent an hour screaming in a foul temper at 3am when I wouldn't pick her up...multiple personalities, anyone??)

Anyway, it is late, and we have just arrived back home after taking yet more stuff to the unit. The kids are all fast asleep, but I know it is only a matter of time before Maisie wakes and realises that Mummy will not be picking her up for snuggles...so I will leave you with one giggle for the day. This morning as I clicked everybody into their seat belts, Jack said sweetly, "Mummy, your shoulders are turning into ones like Daddy's." "Sorry, what now?" I replied. "Under your shoulders is black and spiky, like Daddy," he said. I explained that all grown-ups have hair under their arms, but that ladies sometimes shave it away, and I had not shaved it this morning (Shower? Check. Washed hair? Check. Maisie in the highchair eating her breakfast in the bathroom so that I could actually have a shower at all? Check!) He thought about this for a moment, and then asked if the hair kept growing. When I said that it did, he said, "So, you could have hairy wings under your arms, then Mum? Cool!" Yes, Jack, I could. And perhaps if I continue to shower while your baby sister eats her breakfast in the bathroom, and you and your other sister run wildly around the house, then my hairy wings may appear sooner rather than later! Wish me luck that sometime soon I may be able to shower alone...and for longer than two minutes!

2 comments:

Theda Fontaine said...

Bahaha! Under my shoulders is sometimes spiky too, but I have only laziness to blame :-)

beingbree said...

Children playing happily and well behaved at playcentre while in the company of Mummy's friend - check. 3 yr old child crashed out for big arvo sleep on way home - check. 3 yr old show what hideous behaviour she is capable of once Daddy got home - CHECK!!!!!!! Had a ball today Sal, can't wait to do it all over again soon. I hope your couch and Telle arrive first, then you won't need an excuse to lounge on the couch watching telly till the washing machine arrives lol