Monday, September 20, 2010

Adventures at the Wild's

Day one of our holiday at the Wild farm:

* Jack and Phoebe polished off half a bag of lolly snakes very, very quietly in the loungeroom before Mummy and Daddy woke up. When they were questioned about it, Phoebe said very sweetly, "Sorry Mummy, but I did liked them!" Jack was slightly more suave, explaining that he only had three, while Phoebe "ate hundreds!" Neither of them ate much breakfast, funnily enough.

* Apparently Phoebe climbed the bunk to hop into bed with Jack, also very early this morning. We only found this out after she complained of a broken foot. When questioned about how she sustained this injury, she explained it happened when she jumped off the top bunk. At this point we were beginning to wonder if child restraints might be necessary to get a good nights' sleep...

* I copped a rooster to the back of the legs when we were heading off to the shops! Part of the appeal of staying at the 'farm' is the chickens (although, I must say I think the kids are more in love with the tiny hatching chicks in the house as opposed to the strutting hens and crowing roosters outside...) Even the rooster who decided it was time to get up at 4:30 this morning and shouted his stuff for an hour didn't dampen our enthusiasm. However, getting the c@#p kicked out of me on the way to the car this morning put a slight dent in my affection for the chooks. I have decided to rename this particular rooster "Agro". He should be very careful. I know lots of recipes.

* Maisie found an ingenious way to entertain herself today, with frightening results for Mummy! Whilst rolling around on the floor, she discovered that she could get under the coffee table (and thus hide herself from everybody...) After I recovered from my initial panic at losing my baby whilst in the same room, it was pretty funny. And she was chuffed with herself!

* Jack and Phoebe had a great time sifting through Aiden and Harper's toys, and have developed an unhealthy obsession with 'life savers'. No, not the round lollies with the hole in the middle but rather the light swords used in Star Wars. We tried explaining numerous times that they were actually called 'light sabres', but Jack would not be convinced. He now thinks Mummy and Daddy are complete toonkynunks.

* We have not yet caused any harm to any chickens (baby ones, hens, or roosters), although I can't promise anything if Agro keeps his macho act up. The puppy dogs are being absolutely gorgeous and very smoochy, which I love and which frightens the bejeesus out of Phoebs.

* So all in all. a pretty excellent first day!!! Tomorrow will be a fairly quiet one, I imagine. In fact, I don't have any intention of getting out of my pyjamas (an entirely plausible possibility, when you don't have any neighbours who can see you...!!!) The kids just want the weather to be dry enough to try out the trabobaline, and I reckon Maisie might give that coffee table another crack...

1 comment:

beingbree said...

I couldn't wait till I had my coffee in hand, I put the kettle on and settled in for a read!!! Forgot all about making a coffee for a few minutes - now THAT's saying something!!!!
We once had a rooster like this - he was pure evil! Have a ball at the Wild Resort :)