Sunday, January 16, 2011

Will's birthday on the Thomas Billy

I'm double-posting today - how decadent!! But you see, we had such a busy weekend that I really have no choice but to separate my events...

As you probably already know, Christian and I palmed the kids off on Saturday to spend a rather lovely night at a friends' wedding. We stayed at the estate last night, and this morning enjoyed a leisurely breakfast in the restaurant - swanky!! After we collected the team - and may I just say, I always love the greeting I get after a night away from my kidlets...the cuddles are fabulous!!! - we took off to meet Gertrude, Esmerelda and the gang for Will's birthday party at the Puffing Billy (or Thomas Billy, as Phoebalina insisted on calling it!)

There was quite a few of us - Aunty Gertrude, Uncle Lucky, Will and Ben; Aunty Esmerelda, Uncle Murf, Kelan and Hamish; Aunty Cake, Aunty Ame, and us. The others had caught Puffing Billy at Belgrave earlier, and we met them at the picnic grounds at Lakeside in Emerald at lunchtime. I just love the fact that we Braemar girls have been friends for such a long time, and now our kids are great mates too. Jack, Phoebe, Kelan, Hamish and Will are quite the little gang now, and as they play so well together we can just let them run, pretty much. Ben and Mais tend to hang out near the mummies, but only because they can't move too far away just yet (although give Ben a few weeks and I reckon he'll be joining the big kids!!)

After a picnic and an icy pole, we took the train back to Belgrave, puffing and tooting all the way. The kids hung out the side of the train, dangling their legs and waving to people as we passed them (and a big thank you to Aunty Esmerelda and Uncle Murf for holding onto my kids while I couldn't!) Ben, Will and the Mouse fell asleep in various laps, and we arrived back at the station just in time to drive home for dinner. These days simply make me happy. When you are surrounded by friends, and the kids are well-behaved and happy, and the sun is shining, seriously, what else do you need?

Happy birthday Will!!!! Thank you for a gorgeous day, sweet boy. We love you!

1 comment:

PJ said...

There would have been an Aunty Prue too, except I was otherwise engaged with lining up for nearly 2 hours for Brickvention, the lego convention. Still I got rocket cake on Tuesday so it wasn't an entire loss. :) Glad it was an awesome day.