Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Being normal

Another normal day in the O'Toole household.

Maisie in our bed until 3am? Normal.
Christian up at 5.30am to leave at 6.15am? Normal.
Doing a rather large shop at "Colds" (Pheebs' description!) with baby and toddler in the trolley, while simultaneously being on the mobile with the bank manager? Normal. (By the by, I asked Phoebe what we needed to buy at the supermarket today. She replied, "A lady". Perhaps my little daughter has been reading Daddy's letters to Santa??)
Driving to Berwick to see the family psychologist? Ahem. Normal. (I will admit that this is indeed a 'normal' part of our lives at the moment as an after-effect of the home invasion in February. She has helped us immeasureably, but I still feel like one of 'those' mothers when I mention my four-year-old's psych appointments! We were completing the final paperwork today before magistrates' court. When she asked me to confirm I had no prior consultations with a psychiatrist, and I said no, I swear she raised an eyebrow!)
Picking up Jack from pre-school and bringing home a slew of paper and polystyrene creations, all of which apparently "shoot baddies with lasers"? Normal.
Putting three very tired children to bed and knowing that Christian won't be home for at least another hour? Normal.
Knowing that I should go to bed while the going's good but instead staying up to watch Rafters? Normal!!!!!

1 comment:

Matty said...

Come on Sal, surely Christian could not find a better model (woman) to replace you. Noting can beat your willingness to assist others and your compassion.

And if he is looking, i'm sure that there are enough friends willing to line up and kick his butt on your behalf