Sunday, August 1, 2010

Superman and Trinkerbell got married

Today the washing went unwashed, the floors went unswept, and the shopping stayed on the shelves at Coles. Instead, I spent a generous portion of the day sitting on the floor with Maisie Mouse on my lap, playing with Phoebalina Ballerina. Phoebe concocted a wonderful outfit for me from the dress-up box, consisting of bunny ears, a scarf and butterfly wings. She was a vision in her "Trinkabell" costume, heavily accessorised with a doctor's kit. When Christian and Jack came home from a jaunt to Mornington we girls had pretty much exhausted our medical examinations of Phoebe's dollies. Jack donned his Superman (or "Suitaman" as he used to call it!) costume and suggested that he and Trinkabell should get married! Now, I was as curious as the next person to see what they would do, especially after Jack's efforts in giving birth to a tennis ball a few weeks ago. First, they put their arms around each other quite formally and moved around in a waltz-type dance. Then they separated and started dancing wildly (I thought this might represent the reception!!) and then began running in circles, singing completely different songs. The entire event culminated in a fight. Now what I want to know is, how did they know how to represent a marriage so succinctly?

4 comments:

beingbree said...

Love it!!!

Katie M said...

Awww... very cute and funny! I'm looking forward to my girl being old enough for all this :)

MultipleMum said...

A match made in heaven! A lovely way to spend a day. I bet you looked a treat :-) Thanks for Rewinding x

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

Love it! It's always good to check out a child's view of the world... you do wonder where it comes from, don't you?

Visiting from the Rewind.

(PS: thanks for your comment on my 'comment' post last week. Much appreciated!)