Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Is it Wednesday yet?

Have you ever read a story called "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"?? I thought I may have earned some good karma after enduring yesterday, but it would seem I still have a fair bit to do before reaching enlightenment. Although nothing tragic occurred today, it was probably not a day I will look back on as one of my favourites! So rather than following in the steps of Alexander, I decided to look for the good in every situation today, even when the bad slapped me in the face.

Good: Maisie slept for the entire night without waking for a feed. It's amazing how close to human you can feel after 6 hours of unbroken sleep!

Not-so-good: Phoebe woke up in such a bad mood that she curdled the milk in her seer-we-woll.

Good: Phoebe went down for a sleep at 9am, which meant that we had a hope of turning her mood around before heading off to Mornington.

Not-so-good: It was raining so hard when we got to Mornington that the three of us (pram included) were completely saturated!

Good: We had an appointment with my beautiful friend and naturopath extraordinaire, Holly. Thanks to Holly, Maisie's eczema has cleared up completely and I have never felt better. Also, the girls were absolute angels while we were at Holly's clinic - thank heaven for small mercies!!!!!!

Not-so-good: My elimination diet is working so well for Maisie's skin that lasagne and tiramisu will remain off the menu for some time to come...curses.

Good: After a quick stop at the health food shop and the purchase of a pink yoghurt frog, Phoebs was a much happier little Vegemite.

Not-so-good: On our return home, Feral Beryl reappeared with a vengeance. Phoebe spent six consecutive visits to the naughty spot kicking and screaming (and I'm still not quite sure what the problem was!)

Good: After calming down with a cuddle, Phoebe curled up on the couch to watch Mickey Mouse allowing me enough time to discover that Maisie is VERY ticklish under her feet. She was so delighted with this new game that she kept sticking her little tootsies into my face so I could do it again!!

Not-so-good: Arsenic hour. Enough said.

Good: I managed to get the girls fed and into the bath in record time. I thought I was on the home stretch. I've told you before I was stupid.

Not-so-good: Phoebe did a wee in the bath, which meant I had to drain the water and fill it again. While the bath was running, Maisie decided to have a genius moment and discovered if she stuck her foot under the running water, she could give Mummy a bath too!!

Good: Jack and Christian came home, we wrangled all three kids into bed, and nobody sustained any permanent injuries. Yay team.

Not-so-good: Realised at 10pm I had washed lots and lots of baby clothes but none of Christian's business shirts. Whoops. (The washing machine is now thumping it's way through a cycle)

Good: Tomorrow is Wednesday!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you.

beingbree said...

Awww Christian - well said!!!!